Tools and Tasks for Life Over Fifty
Tools and Tasks of Life over Fifty is a ten session series in which we roll up our sleeves and get to work. To do this over a few months gives participants practice in skills and tools that integrate life experience. The intention is to gain perspective on the themes of our life and clarity about the present. In this series we will engage in the work of the second half of life, learn useful tools and take action toward living more purposeful lives.
Around the late forties or fifty we begin to experience a radical shift in our inner state. It demands attention because it is an immense change in perspective. This is the beginning of the "second half of life." The more consciousness we bring to this time the more we reap the harvest of our life.
In this dynamic ten session series we:
- Engage with others in sharing stories
- Explore the material and relevance of Carl Jung’s “seven tasks of the second half of life”
- Write about experiences using Gateless method
- Understand the Myers Briggs types and their relevance to people in the second half of life
- Learn the four essential practices (cultivate a still mind; applying tools of self knowing; exploring the arts and music and, learning through service) and integrate them as a resource for inner work and transformation so we may understand our lives more fully.
Please subscribe to our mailing list to be notified when the next Tools and Tasks series will be offered.